NaNoWriMo - I pines at it. I pines.

After the letdown of not successfully completing the 3 Day Novel Contest, I had my heart set upon participating in NaNoWriMo this month. I still might, but I have not gotten a single word down to prove it.

Life just happened, you know? For November 1st we moved for the second time in 5 months (long story involving a divorce - not mine), and I'm recovering from a bacterial throat infection that had me off work for a week, and I'm just so drained. This has been a ridiculously bad year for me getting sick, and it's taken a toll in a lot of areas. But, I think I might have figured it out.

The gym.


Yes, it's great that I've been getting into better physical shape, but I realize that I started getting sick so frequently and so severely after sessions at the gym. And, realistically, gyms are getting big, sticky, oozing cesspools of germs. Ewwwwww.

This doesn't mean I'm not going to work out anymore. This means that I'm going to be more cautious of germs when I do, because I really don't like being an ebola monkey. It's not terribly fun, lemme tell ya.

I wish I were one of those people who could be really productive even when laid up in bed, sick. But, unfortunately, when I'm sickly, I can barely rub two brain cells together to get anything done, let alone freelance work, blogging, or writing.

Guess I'll just have to stay healthy from here on in.

Now, what on earth should I write about for NaNoWriMo...

Comments