Eat, drink, and be merry... no, wait, don't because you have an appointment with a personal trainer

The countdown has begun. I'm at t-minus 8 hours until my first appointment with my personal trainer.

Since I quit my part-time job as a barista back in the fall and have held down just the one job, I've refound some of the weight I'd lost when I was working 60 hours a week. Go figure, right? Make no mistake, I don't consider myself morbidly obese, and I'm not going to be going through the calorie countdown on here or sharing all the different ways I can prepare cottage cheese and rice cakes. But, my pants are getting snug, I'd rather spend the money on getting into shape than buying new ones, and it's getting more challenging to lug HP LaserJet 4050n's down to shipping on my own.

Remember when I was referencing previously about Gail Vaz-Oxlade kicking my butt? She'd probably do so over this, too, but to offset the cost of the gym membership and the PT, my partner and I are making a concerted effort to eat at home, cook from scratch, and do all the things that we normally say we're going to do but then don't wind up doing. And, we got our gym memberships cheaper for the first 3 months because of a special offer, so we're not doing so bad that way, either.

And remember booze? My costly mistress? Sigh. Looks like we're going to be breaking up for a while. For days at a time, perhaps. It's both to save money and conserve calories so I'm not working my butt off just to expand it with brewskis after work.

Why should you care? You probably don't, but I figure if I make my personal fitness plans (and costs) public, then I'm more likely to feel obligated to follow through.

What are my goals? To be able to reorganize the storage room without pulling something, and to be able to lug big, laserjet, network printers from storage to shipping on my own. Boo-yeah.

Comments