I'm sending my partner out of town, I've let my friends and family know I shall be incommunicado, I've booked the boardroom in my apartment building for all 3 mornings, from 8:30am to 2pm, and I've started my lists of must to do's.
So, for those of you who are also participating or are still on the fence, here's my list of last-few-days to do's:
- Figure out what I'm going to write about - done
- Come up with a vague outline - if I start too detailed an outline, I'll have to suppress starting chapters, and that will just make me fall over and tantrum on the floor. I'd like to just have names, locations, and brief ideas as to where I'm going with this done before Friday midnight.
- Make meal plan so I can cook ahead of time and not have to worry about feeding myself all weekend
- Get groceries from said mealplan
- Make a booze plan - what can I say? I enjoy drinking and writing.
- Get booze from said booze plan - I've already got a bottle of newfie blackberry wine. Now I need a bottle of sparkling wine that I can pop the cork on to celebrate my success (or drown my failure)
- Come up with a brief plan of wordcounts; where I wanna be by when on each day - I may not be able to make all the deadlines, but they'll help keep me on track and give me an extra push if I start falling behind
- Figure out an appropriate music playlist that will help feed the moods I need for the story - I can't be wasting precious time on the weekend browsing Youtube for music after finding out half my playlists have been removed due to copyright violations.
- Make sure the apartment is cleaned spotless by midnight Friday so that I can't waste time on chores.
- Get the office ready, because I need a formal work space to survive this. Lounging in the Laz-E-Boy in front of the tv really won't do.
- Get the lazies out and surf on Thursday until my eyeballs fall out and I have no further desire to spend anymore time on the internet at all ever - it's a good idea in theory, right?
Wish me luck!