3 Day Novel Contest coming soon! Soooooo soon!!!

Coming up in 2 1/2 weeks is the 35th annual International 3-Day Novel Contest! Today is the last day to pre-register for $50 instead of $55, and I'm registered!!! Awwwww, yeeeaaaa!!!!!!!

From the official website:
The World's Most Notorious Literary Marathon
About the contest: Can you produce a masterwork of fiction in a mere 72 hours? The annual International 3-Day Novel Contest is your chance to find out. The contest runs every Labour Day long weekend, as it has since 1977, and it now attracts writers from all over the world. It's a thrill, a grind, and an awesome creative experience. How many crazed plotlines, coffee-stained pages, pangs of doubt and moments of genius will the next contest bring forth? And what might you think up under pressure?
The 35th Annual 3-Day Novel Contest will take place September 1-3, 2012. Registration is now open. You can also read our History, Rules, FAQ, or contact us with questions or to join our mailing list.
This is the second time I'm going to have the opportunity to participate and I am stoked! The first time I particpated was in 2010 when we were living in St. John's, Newfoundland. I didn't have the cash to register officially, and I didn't wind up finishing, but golly it felt great to be a part of it. Last year I wound up being scheduled to work 4 shifts that weekend, so that was a total bust.

But this year. Oh, yes. This year. This is my year. I've paid up and got my confirmation, and I am in the clear that weekend. I've already let my nearest and dearest know that I'm going to be incommunicado that whole weekend. The only slight snag is that my work always has a planned power outage on the Sunday of Labour Day weekend to test our backups, but that should only keep me away for 2 - 3 hours max. I'll probably be ripe for a break, anyways.

I have no idea what I'm going to write about, and I'm not sure if I'm going to come up with an outline beforehand. What I do know I'll have ready is three days worth of ready-made meals, lots of caffeine, and a healthy supply of booze.

Wish me luck!


Comments

Post a Comment