They've got an interesting line-up of speakers, panels, and breakout sessions planned. I haven't been to any kind of convention in years, not since my non-profit days, and I imagine these will be a lot more fun and less emotionally taxing than learning about hate crimes and child sexual abuse images. Just slightly.
I've just got to figure out how to put into words why I, specifically, should be the one to go. Let me roll up my sleeves and wow them with my impressive verbiosity:
- Reason 1: Because they include breakfast, lunch, and hors d'oeuvres. Come awn. You guys don't even get the tech crew sandwiches when we have our quasi-weekly meetings. Cut a girl some slack.
- Reason 2: I promise I will be a fabulous representation of the company, but no so mind-blowing that another company steals me out from under your nose. If it seems like it's coming to that I'll pass gas or spill coffee on someone important. Promise.
- Reason 3: Cause I really wanna. Like, really, really. Come awwwwn. Come aaaawwwwwwwnnnnn!!!!
- Reason 4: I've already spent over an hour looking over the website, the bios for their keynote speakers, and plotting what I would wear. We don't want this time to have been wasted.
- Reason 5: It's a 5-minute subway ride from my house as opposed to the hour commute to get to work here. Cut a girl some slack for one day.
- Reason 6: Come aaaawwwwwwwnnnnn!!!!
Well, I think I've laid out my case pretty eloquently. Wish me luck!